So you have your new PC and ready to install Windows apps but you encounter this message:
Error Code 0x80070426 is an error that prevents you from downloading any new app in the Windows Store. This is from an activation error with your Microsoft account. To save time and effort, listed below are the two methods mostly used to remove the Error Code 0x80070426.
Here are two methods:
This method resets the Window Store cache. You can also use this method if you are in the middle of an installation and it hangs or when failed update to your app happens. Most importantly, this can be used when your Windows Store fails to load.
Clearing the Store Cache
1. Press the Window Button + R for the Run Dialog Box to appear.
2. Type in WSReset.exe and press Enter.
3. The Windows Store should open in a few seconds. You should be able to download your favorite apps.
Setting the right time and time zone
There are some instances where a router with a wrong time set can cause the problem within the network. This goes the same for computers. Some websites don’t load up properly when time and time zones are not set properly. Windows Store is included in the list.
1. Right-click on the time and date on the lower right side of your screen.
2. Select Adjust date/time
3. From there just make the changes with time and time zone correctly. It is important that you use the right time zone. You can also allow Windows to automatically set it for you by clicking the “Set time automatically” on/off button.
If the Error Code 0x80070426 is still there after trying these two methods you can always try running the Microsoft Troubleshooter. You can always find them in any message box that appears in your operating system.